This page includes the stitches that are in most of my patterns along with finishing basics and instructions for peyote starter strips.
Two drop even and odd count, work up the same way as regular even/odd count peyote, except you use two beads instead of one.
Supplies & Tools I use myself:
- Thread: Fireline 6lb or 4lb strength, crystal and smoke (the fishing kind is same as beading kind, just less) I usually get it in 300 yards. (hardly ever knots, but is a stiffer thead, and more expensive) A very strong thread/cord. Does not need a conditioner, it naturally is anti-tangle.
- C-lon Thread: Size AA similar to 4lb fireline, and D similar to 6lb fireline. Way cheaper than fireline, including the cost of thread conditioner. But it does tend to knot and tangle, if not careful. It also likes to snag on sharp objects such as nails, which can make it fray. A strong thread. Firemountaingems Article
- Thead Heaven for C-Lon Thread (I don’t recommend this for black or dark patterened designs as it comes off on beads)
- Scissors – Fiskars. Cuts through fireline easily. A kids pair works perfectly.
- Thread burner: Forget the expensive “Beader’s Thread Burners” this works perfectly and is a third the cost, and comes with extra burner replacment tip! Berkley Hot Line Cutter
- Seed Beads: Delicas 11/0
- Needles: John James Long 10 and 12 Beading Needles. I sometimes use the shorter 10s too.
- Workstation: A baking tray that I spray painted that I can add my little plastic circle trays to (with a little magnet) that keeps them in place.
Maddiethekat’s own tutorials:
- Beadscape Wordchart Instructions/Guide/Tips
- 2-drop Peyote Starter Strip
- “Pretty Kitties” – Adding Collars
Even Count Peyote Stitch Instructions: (what 99% percent of my patterns require)
- Learning Basics – Even count flat peyote – Beadwork Shala Kerrigan
- Peyote Stitch Tutorial(youtube video) Ann Benson
- Beadschool Tutorial – Even Count Peyote (youtube video) Melanie de Miquel
- Beadschool Tutorial – Simple Peyote Pattern (youtube video) Melanie de Miquel
- Flat Even Count Peyote (youtube video) Jill Wiserman
- Peyote Stitch Even CountCarla Barrett
- Doodlebeads(youtube video) Leslie Rogalski
Even Count 2-Drop Peyote Stitch Instructions: (Required for my new bracelet cuffs)
- Beadwork.about another (page 3 includes odd count 2-drop peyote help)
- Linda’s Art Barn
- How to do 2-Drop Even Count Peyote Sitch (youtube video) beadaholique
Odd Count Peyote Stitch Instructions:
- Beadschool Tutorial – Techniques: Odd Count Peyote Stitch (youtube video)
- Flat Odd Count Peyote Stitch Beadwork.about
- Odd-Count Peyote Stitch Beading Daily
- Uneven Peyote Stitch TradeArtCo
- Doodlebeads Odd Count Peyote (youtube video) Leslie Rogalski
Odd Count 2-Drop Peyote Stitch Instructions:
- Odd Count Two Drop Peyote Start – Sova-enterprises
Peyote Starter Strip Instructions:(Great for starting patterns quickly and keeping them straight. What I use on all my wordcharts/patterns)
- Heirlooms & Treasures – Lesson 1 Brenda Whitehead
- Free Download Bead-Patterns.com
- Quick Start Peyote Deb Moffett-Hall
More Instructive links:
- Peyote Stitch Instructions (different varieties)
- Intro to Seed Beads (youtube video) Bead & Button
- Peyote Stitch Toggle Clasp The Spruce
- Bar and Ring Toggle Tutorial BeeJang
- Playful Peyote Toggle Clasps Interweave
- How to Embellish Peyote with Brick Stitch Beadaholique